Enjoy the tram ride which takes you further up the promenade where you will find Central/North Piers, Sea life Centre, Madame Tussaud’s Waxworks, Winter Gardens. Don’t forget the famous Blackpool Tower which is home to Mooky’s rib ticklingly funny Circus, beautiful ballroom and also the top of tower experience.
Look forward to late summer/early autumn at Lynmoore Guest House near Blackpool illuminations which always start the first Friday after the August bank holiday weekend offers no less than six miles and over one million light bulbs all lit up to create an ‘illuminating’ spectacle! When enjoying your holiday with us Blackpool Tower and other popular attractions are a short tram journey away. Or why not take one of the many Horse & Traps available? Just a 10 minute walk takes you to Bloomfield Road home of Blackpool FC. Situated in a quiet street off Waterloo Road, which is just a 2 minute walk from the promenade where you will find major attractions. The Pleasure Beach, Sandcastle Leisure Centre, South Pier and the Grosvenor Casino only a few minutes walk. We are also a perfect starting point for the world famous illuminations
Blackpool Attractions-South Shore
The following attractions are all at the South end of Blackpool Promenade and considered to be of walking distance from Lynmoore Guest House Blackpool.
– Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Units 5&6 Ocean Boulevard, Pleasure Beach, Promenade, Blackpool. Check website for opening days and times www.ripleys.com/blackpool/
– Blackpool Pleasure Beach, 525 Ocean Boulevard, Seafront, Blackpool. Check website for opening days and times www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com
– Ice Skating Rink at Pleasure Beach Arena. Phone 01253 341707. Public Ice Skating available. Check out ‘Beatnights’ every Friday and Sunday Nights. 7pm – 9pm featuring DJ, Mad dash & Speed Skating. £6 Admission with £2 Skate hire. This is the venue for the summer spectacular ‘HOT ICE’. www.pleasurebeacharena.co.uk/
– Adventure Crazy Golf, Opposite Sandcastle Waterworld, Promenade, Blackpool. Outdoor Attraction in the shadow of the Pleasure Beach Funfair. Admission charges apply. www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/family-
– Pasaje Del Terror, Next to Blackpool Pleasure Beach. Interactive horror experience.
– Sandcastle Waterpark, ‘South Beach’, Promenade, Blackpool Seafront. Phone 01253 343602 to check exact opening times. www.sandcastle-waterpark.co.uk/
– Karting 2000 Raceway, South Promenade just between Waterworld and South Pier. Opening times are weather permitting so phone them on 01253 408068 to check. www.karting2000.com/
– South Pier & Laughing Donkey Family Bar, South Promenade, Stretching out over Blackpool Beach and Irish Sea.
Leisure, Sport and Eating places in South Shore, Blackpool
– Waterloo Bowling Green, Waterloo Road, South Shore, Blackpool. Just a 10 minute walk takes you to this famous outdoor bowling green. Click here for more details
– Palatine Swimming Baths. 207 St. Annes Road, South Shore, Blackpool. Only a 15 minute walk means Lynmoore guest house is near Palatine Swimming Pool without having to take the car! www.sportblackpool.co.uk/page.aspx?id=51
–The Waterloo Music Bar, Waterloo Road, Blackpool, FY4 2AF Click here for more details
– Bloomfield Road Football Ground. Home to Blackpool Football Club. 15 Minutes walk to Blackpool FC stadium. We welcome away football fans. (Couples and Families only) www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/
– Also JDWetherspoons on Blackpool Promenade. Just opposite South Pier ‘The Velvet Coaster’ is a wonderful children friendly place to eat and drink with all the family. www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/all-pubs/england/lancashire/the-velvet-coaster-blackpool
Attractions in Central Blackpool
These next few attractions are a little further up the promenade and would be considered to be in the ‘Central’ Promenade area of Blackpool Seafront which is a minimum 20 minutes walk or 5-10 minutes on the Tram/Bus.
Madame Tussauds Waxworks. 89 Promenade, Blackpool. Opposite Central Pier. Open every day from 10am. www.madametussauds.com/blackpool/
SEA LIFE Centre, Blackpool. Promenade Blackpool. Open 7 days a week 10am-4pm. Last entry is 3pm. www.visitsealife.com/blackpool/
Central Pier Showbar – For more details ring the venue direct on 01253 622255
Carrying on up the Blackpool Seafront you now come to the wonderful and iconic Blackpool Tower area of the Promenade which, along with many other attractions both indoor & outdoors would be just a few minutes further walk past Central Promenade.
The Blackpool Tower Eye With incredible 4D cinema experience and uninterrupted views on the glass SkyWalk.
The Blackpool Tower Circus The UK’s biggest and best Circus – with amazing acts from all over the globe!
The Blackpool Tower Ballroom Prepare to be lost in a world of elegant charm and refined beauty.
The Blackpool Tower Dungeon 10 live actor shows, 1000 years of history and 1 exciting rid
10 Pin Bowling, Entrance at 29-37 Market Street. Ten Pin bowling Alleys, Snooker Hall, Function Room available. Open from 10am every day. Ring 0843 290 8932 for more details. www.mfabowl.com/blackpool/
Laser Quest Blackpool, 66-74 The Promenade. Avoid the Laser Fire in a 4000 square foot Battle zone! www.lqblackpool.co.uk Telephone 01253 620056
The Comedy Carpet, Opposite Blackpool Tower sandwiched between the Beach and the Tramway. Phrase after Catchphrase from all of your favourite Comedians from Decades gone by.
The Wedding Chapel @ Festival House, Just across the Tramway with Blackpool Tower providing a perfect backdrop for your very special day. Ring Blackpool Council on 01253 477477 for more details www.blackpool.gov.uk/Residents/Life-events/Wedding-venues/The-Wedding-Chapel-Blackpool.aspx
Viva…Blackpool, Cabaret Showbar & Function Room for Hire. 3 Church Street, Blackpool. Telephone 01253 297297 www.vivablackpool.com
Tower Headland, Opposite Blackpool Tower. Home of the
Fantastic Blackpool Illumination Switch on Weekend Concerts which always
scheduled to start on the first Friday after August Bank Holiday weekend
North Pier, Theatre & Merrie England Bar. Family Bars,
Sun Lounge, End of the Pier Theatre and Live Shows
Winter Gardens, Blackpool. Lynmoore Guest House is just a 5-10 minutes taxi/car/tram ride away or 15 minutes by bus. Blackpool Winter Gardens is home to many different entertainment venues all under one roof, including Empress Ballroom and Opera House. www.wintergardensblackpool.co.uk/
Blackpool Tower – www.theblackpooltower.co.uk
Blackpool Pleasure Beach – www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com
The Zoo – www.blackpoolzoo.org.uk
Grand Theatre – www.blackpoolgrand.co.uk
Blackpool Winter Gardens – www.wintergardensblackpool.co.uk
Blackpool Trams – www.blackpooltransport.com
Houndshill Shopping Centre – www.houndshillshoppingcentre.co.uk
Sealife Blackpool – www.sealifeeurope.com
Madame Tussauds – www.madametussauds.com/Blackpool/
Grundy Art Gallery – www.grundyartgallery.com
Attractions Blackpool www.attractionsblackpool.co.uk
Ghost Tours in Blackpool Click here for more details